Saturday, November 10, 2012

NaNoWriMo occupying my time!

I love November - NaNovember if I may, but I neglect my blogs this month.  It's been a long, rough week on a personal level but I have been trudging through and writing in all my spare time.  I am doing a novel and working a few short stories so all in all it is A LOT of writing and it feels good.  Writing has always been a coping mechanism for me.  Journals, poems in columns of my notebooks for school, play on words or interesting sentences on post it notes at work - the list goes on.  In fact, sometimes it was a list, a simple list on whatever scrap of paper (receipts on occasion!) I could drum up.  I think that's why I like NaNoWriMo so much.  It pushes me to go further, write more, work faster and just get the words out of my head and onto paper.  It feels good to take a break then.  Last year it took me a bit to recover from so much writing but I edited with a fervor I have not seen since.  Anyway, I just wanted to put it out there that my terrible blog neglect has been for a very good cause.  I am trucking away on END OF THE NIGHT and still have every intention of releasing it for the holidays. 

Please forgive the blog neglect, my novel is coming along beautifully though.

No comments:

Post a Comment