Sunday, July 6, 2014

It's been awhile....but here's a little snippet....





I've been neglectful. I've been absent.

It's been a crazy couple of months and I think they are finally settling down. I've been juggling three projects plus transitioning to a new job which has allowed me to spend a lot more time with my kids. All in all, it's been a lot of change but all  moving in a positive direction and that's what matters, right?

I still feel guilty. I hate that I've neglected my blogs and my social media in general. I know how important it is to be consistent and I enjoy blogging and tweeting and Facebook-ing (is that even a word?) but sometimes it is equally important to take a short break and I am so glad I did. I feel refreshed and ready to roll. I've got so many ideas but I am working on Camp NaNoWriMo this month so some of them will have to wait for next month when Camp NaNo is done!


Oh! And I am competing in the Iron Writer Challenge this week - #72 so make sure you pop on later this week and check it out at The Iron Writer

In the meantime, how about a little snipped from IMMORTAL MACHINATIONS???

Prologue

The music continued.  The maddening thrum, a cacophony of sounds striking images and thoughts in a melody only Dorian could see and hear.  Nobody could see the world as he did. Nobody could hear the way it rolled and clicked. Nobody knew the mechanical nature of all things. Dorian did.  He saw it all and he knew how to improve upon it. Blasphemy though it may be, Dorian could improve upon the world around him, could create machines and medicines. If only he knew how it would be his undoing. If only Dorian could have seen what his very existence would come to mean in the War. He may have let the villagers hang him after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment