Monday, January 30, 2012

*SPOILER* Sample from End of the Night

Please keep in mind this a ROUGH but it is a sample nonetheless....enjoy!


Damarra- before recorded time

“You are Immortal, are you not?”  Eyeing the half-naked male she felt a strange fluttering in her gut.  She never felt such a peculiar thing before yet each time the male moved and his muscles contracted that feeling flared again. 

“That I am, m’lady.  And who would be asking?”  The male had a rumbling voice with interesting inflection.  His eyes were oddly familiar and warm.  She found it disconcerting, almost as much as the fluttering sensation but not quite.  Damarra flitted around him, hoping to size the male up from every angle.  He simply stood there with the odd tool leaned casually over one shoulder and a bemused expression on his face.  What in fates could the Tuatha De intend for her in this male?  Still, it was foretold by them.  She could not go against their wishes. 

Damarra drew herself up, thrust her shoulders back and looked into the male’s eyes.  “I am Damarra, Goddess of the Celts, Priestess of the Tuatha De Danaan.  You are Roane, Immortal of the brethren.  I do not dislike what I see of you, male.  I am to take you as my mate, it has been seen by the Tuatha De.  What say you?”

The male’s face changed, many expressions flashing across it.  Damarra did not understand most of them.  Her impatience grew with each moment of silence.  How dare a male refuse her?  She, Goddess of Fertility, beloved of her race.  “Immortal, I do not take kindly to your insolence.  What say you?”

“M’lady, I mean no offense, truly you are the most lovely creature I have ever laid eyes upon.  I took you for a false vision, then a cruel joke, even a trick of my brethren.  Are you real?”  The male dropped his axe and reached out to touch her, innocently up on the arm.  Dirt from his hands transferred to her pale skin and sent a shock through her entire physical form.  Damarra withdrew her arm and stepped backward.  She did not miss the way his eyes flared silver at the touch.  He recovered quickly though, “Again, apologies, m’lady, I did not mean to soil you.” 

“I must go.”  Suddenly she felt the forest closing in around her, a strange choking sensation.  It was not pleasant.  Damarra disapparated in an explosion of water droplets.  She looked back once to see the Immortal glistening in the remnants of her departure.  The unusual flutter ripped through her once again at the sight.  How very peculiar.

2 comments:

  1. New follower to your blog from Twitter! :)

    Love your excerpt! I think it's great how you dialog flows and your descriptions are so vivid! I'm glad I stopped by to check out your blog!

    BTW, I'm a 2011 NaNoWriMo winner too! Kudos! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jack! Congrats on NaNo, that was an exhausting but very rewarding experience.

      I appreciate the follow and the support!!

      Delete