Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Deadlines

So, 2012 has not been particularly kind to me, not that I am ignoring the good things that have happened but I am not one to miss deadlines - those that are set for me or those I set for myself - but this year has been full of missed deadlines and that brings me to my first New Years resolution.  So I am a little early, apologies but after this year I figured that getting a leg up on them would be a move in the right direction.  Edits for Love Her Madly's paperback edition are not even underway because I am having difficulty ending End of the Night.  While I completed NaNo with End of the Night I am still dissatisifed with the ending and I simply cannot leave it as is so I am stepping away for a bit and hoping it is all of the recent upheaval coupled with the finality of those last chapters that keeps me from finishing my work.  It will be strange to say good-bye to Storm but I have so many other projects I wish to explore that I know it is for the best.  This year has brought about a lot of good-byes for me, maybe I am just not ready to say good-bye to Storm.  I do know that I cannot rush her, cannot rush her story because that would be the greatest injustice.  So, to those wondering when the Emerald Seer saga will end I can only apologize and hope that you will be pleased with the finished outcome as opposed to the version I have now that leaves even me feeling empty. 

I set a lot of deadlines this year and have acted out of character in watching them float past me, 2013 will be different because my life is different already as I take back control that I lost over the last nine months or so.  I may not have hit my deadlines, but I am more determined than ever to do what I love and anybody who knows me knows that means I will dig my heels in until I make it, until I achieve what I am setting out to do. 

So, this is a bit of a personal pep talk as much as an update on the Emerald Seer saga, but I have to say, I am starting to breathe again for the first time in months and that can only mean good things for my characters.  I am closing with one of my favorite quotes in hopes that it will be a pep talk for everyone who reads this.

"Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass, it's learning to dance in the rain." 

No comments:

Post a Comment