Saturday, April 13, 2013

Sample Saturday - a bit of END OF THE NIGHT

It's coming - VERY soon actually.  May 1st the Emerald Seer Series comes to an end with END OF THE NIGHT.  I hope you all are ready....but until then, here's just a sneak peek!


“You seem vexed.” 
Angeline whirled to find Jordan hiding in the shadows of the hall.  “What are you doing out here?”
“Tell me you were not the least bit annoyed by the Seraph’s repeated rambling?”  Jordan stepped into the light.  “Don’t answer that, I heard you.  Temper, temper.”
“So I guess you know how fun I can be when I’m annoyed then.”  Angeline retorted with as much ferocity as she could muster given the close proximity of the shifter.
“I suspect you are quite enjoyable when irritated.”  Jordan stepped closer so that they nearly touched.  “But then I think you are quite enjoyable all of the time.”
Angeline stepped back but Jordan moved forward.  “Stop that.”
“What?  Do I make you uncomfortable, fairy?” Jordan smirked, the cocky, smug look that he so often wore.
“You were not so bold in front of Damarra.”  Angeline enjoyed the flicker of fear that broke across Jordan’s face for a moment.
“Not many are bold in front of ancient Goddesses, including you.”  Jordan sized her up, staring deep into her eyes.  She felt his hand slide around her waist but couldn’t manage to move away.  He pulled her closer and she let him.  “I can be bold in front of you, Angeline.  I can make you feel things, give you the life you’ve denied yourself for so long.”
“I have obligations.”  Angeline breathed the words with so little conviction she didn’t believe them herself.
“This war will end, the Emerald will prevail, choose me now and we will move on together.”  Jordan leaned in, his lips nearly on hers when a throat cleared behind him.
“Sorry to interrupt, but you are sort of blocking the entrance to the kitchen.” 

No comments:

Post a Comment