Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Massive writer's block, too many story lines and way too many characters

*SIGH* Life has been ever so chaotic secondary to the move, but it's calming down now as I settle in.  Now, if only my mind would cooperate.  I keep seeing glimpses of Immortal Machinations but they don't fit linearly and I'm still researching some things though the stack of books I checked out sit on my desk tauntingly more often than not.  Then there are the other stories and characters popping up at random times just begging for my attention though the words come out awkward and sometimes nonsensical.  I am working to remedy this situation because Dorian's story MUST be told and IMMORTAL MACHINATIONS is so thrillingly amazingly fun for me.  I just hope I can do him justice in the near future.

 To help work out the mental block I decided to work on casting Dorian because he is one of my very favorite characters and I do so love casting.  That said, these are some of the candidates:
Kit Harrington of GAME OF THRONES fame.  I love him as Jon Snow and I think he could really do Dorian justice.

Alex Pettyfer - more than just a pretty face as he demonstrated in BEAST, I think he could rock Dorian's look and master the cool collected vamp of Emerald Seer fame.


Perhaps my favorite of the three simply because I pictured him when I was writing Dorian for the Emerald Seer Series.  As I write Immortal Machinations I feel a bit differently but initially, I pictured Orlando Bloom.

Well, that was MUCH fun but I still have a huge block and now I am just thinking about these incredibly attractive men.  *sigh* Perhaps tomorrow will bring some clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment