Sunday, December 8, 2013

In my absence....

I've been busy.  I completed NaNoWriMo (YAY!) and that consumed most of my spare time in November, especially over the holiday weekend.  As it turns out IMMORTAL MACHINATIONS is just too long and the reason it wasn't working for me is that it needed to be stretched out and that is my plan.  I hope to have the first installment released Spring 2014 barring any unforeseen setbacks.  Look for IMMORTAL MACHINATIONS updates over the next several months!

Also, I have to comment on a book I just read.  I did it.  I finally gave in and read Dead Ever After by Charlaine Harris. I've read the entire series and I noticed that as it went on it lost a lot of its appeal.  The last few books were rather disappointing in my opinion and this final chapter was abysmal.  I was utterly and completely disappointed in the entire book and had to push myself to complete, half hoping it would get better in spite of all of the fan comments I'd already read.



** WARNING: SPOILERS from here on ** 

It wasn't so much Sookie ending up with Sam (though I was not happy about it) as how disjointed the book felt and some of the random occurrences including Arlene's reappearance and subsequent murder, Steve Newlin's reappearance, and the bizarre "divorce" of Eric and Sookie.  It was all so convoluted.  Sookie did not even talk like she had in previous books.  It was forced and frankly, a complete let down.  I loathe the lack of build up to Sam and Sookie getting together.  It felt like she was settling for him instead of finally realizing she wanted to be with him.  

In short, I was shocked and disappointed by the complete implosion of the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment