Saturday, December 21, 2013

NEW RELEASE from Lauren Algeo!

Just in time for the holidays, check out this amazing new release by Lauren Algeo!!


It’s time…
This Saturday, author Lauren Algeo releases the second novel in her Hikers Trilogy, Hikers Part Two: Passion.
In this second part, Scott Brewer travels to America following the tragedy at the Grand’s house, and teams up with Mitch Baines, aka Striker25. Starting in Philadelphia, they begin to hunt the surviving hikers and along the way they meet Ellen MacIntosh, a woman with a deep desire for revenge on one particular hiker. Together they journey across the states, encountering death, pain, love, and the most terrifying possibility of them all – is the Grand somehow back from the dead?
To find out more, or catch up on the first part of the Hikers Trilogy, visit:

Or alternatively, visit her Facebook and Twitter pages for the latest news and book links.


Lauren Algeo is a twenty-eight year old graphic designer from London, who currently writes part time. The first part of the Hikers Trilogy, Hikers Part One: Power, was published in January 2013, followed by her second novel, The Perfect Date, in June 2013. She mainly writes in the horror and thriller genres and also has several short horror stories published online.
And as a special treat, Lauren agreed to an interview!
Violet:  Do you listen to music when you write? Have a completely silent space?
Lauren:  I prefer it to be quiet when writing, but as I mainly write on the train during my commute to work that isn’t always possible! I’ve learnt to fade out some of the background noise now.

Violet:  When did you first start writing? What genre do you prefer?
Lauren: I used to write a lot of stories as a child, mainly ghost stories, then a few years ago I began writing again. I started with some short horror stories then moved on to novels, and have now just published my third book.

Violet: What is your favorite book (or who is your favorite author) and why?
Lauren: My favourite childhood book was White Fang by Jack London, and I still have my original sellotaped copy! As I got older I discovered Stephen King, who is now my favourite author. I love the Dark Tower series and IT.

Violet: Do you have another job and if so what is it?
Lauren:  I work full time as a graphic designer at a design agency in London. It would be great to write full time one day though.

Violet:  List all of your titles with a one sentence synopsis of each.
Lauren: Hikers Part One: Power:
A former Detective Inspector, Scott Brewer, hunts a family of assassins, called hikers, who have the power of mind control.

The Perfect Date:
Thirty year old journalist Kate Anderson gets more than she bargains for when she joins a dating website.

Hikers Part Two: Passion:
After the tragedy at the end of Part One, Scott Brewer travels to America to team up with Mitch Baines and hunt the surviving hikers.

Violet: Who is your favorite character? Why?
Lauren: Georgie Duncan from the Hikers Trilogy is my favourite character to write. She’s strong willed and smart, but vulnerable underneath.

Violet: Who is your least favorite character? Why?
Lauren: Nick from Hikers Part One is my least favourite character. He’s an awful, abusive character and writing some of the scenes involving him was very tough.

Violet:  Indie pub or trad pub?
Lauren: Currently I’m an Indie published author as I like the freedom and control it gives me. Maybe one day I’ll move to traditional publishing but for now I’m enjoying the Indie world. It’s a great community with a lot of supportive authors, editors and readers.

Violet:  If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why?
Lauren: I’d love to meet Stephen King. After reading his books for so many years it would be great to talk to him about his ideas and inspiration.

Violet: What is your favorite TV show/movie from your childhood?  What is it now?
Lauren: I’ve always been obsessed with anything supernatural. As a child I would watch programmes like Eerie Indiana and Are you afraid of the dark? As I grew up I moved onto Strange but true and Jonathan Creek, anything that would give me a scare. I now love shows like The Walking Dead and American Horror Story.

Thank you Lauren and good luck with your new release!

No comments:

Post a Comment