Friday, February 15, 2013

When life gives you lemons....

There are many sayings to complete this statement, my favorite is probably "grab some liquor and salt for lemondrops." Not to advocate drinking oneself into a stupor but sometimes, a bit of alcohol and dull the pain enough to allow one to think clearly again. In actuality, I am not a fan of lemondrops after partaking of a few too many in my college days. I am a craft beer gal, myself but the saying remains the same. Life is full of "what ifs" and we all have them. Though I aspire to live in the moment and without regret I have not been as successful as I would like. There are many things I regret - things I have done and those I have not done - but in some ways they have fostered a part of who I am that feeds into my writing and adds a component to my dreams (both waking and sleeping) that I otherwise would not have. I take my regrets and turn them into something else, a sort of therapeutic intervention if you will. From some of my regrets characters and plot lines are formed, ways of rectifying things in the only way I can. This is not a new concept, I realize that, but it is something I am eager to spread to others, something I hope that others will adopt in an effort to live more positive lives. Sorrow and regret can eat at you until they warp you into somebody you no longer recognize. Nobody needs to live that type of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment