Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Finished NaNoWriMo

I love to write, really I do, and I seriously feel better when I am writing regularly but this was an intense experience and coupled with working full time, managing a household, and my number one job of being a Mom, it was a lot.  I am hopeful for the day where I can devote more time to writing and less time to a full time job that frankly drives me mad more often than not.  That will only come with more writing and more success.  I am so thankful that my family, especially my amazing kiddos, are so understanding and supportive.  Anybody in the world can tell me they are proud of me for something but when one or both of my kiddos says they are proud of me, well, it means so much more.  I know my five year old does not really understand it all, he just knows Mommy is writing a book.  My six year old is amazed because she is "writing books" in school and sees how much work goes into a few sentences on a few pages.  There is no feeling in the world like being a hero to a child, especially your own and I know it will not always be this way but you better believe I am going to enjoy it while I can. 

Anyway, in the end, I finished with 50,253 words in 26 days (I started late a little late but made up for it!).  Light My Fire/Emerald Seer #2 is currently being edited and should be ready for release in a few weeks.  I am pretty pleased with it and I hope you all will be as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment