Tuesday, February 7, 2012

So, it just keeps getting worse!

So, I bought an awesome used car in September (the 9th to be exact) and was thrilled!  I walked out every day and saw my lil blue VW Beetle (convertible!!) and it made me happy.  Since I was five or so Beetles have been an obsession for me (my college graduation gift was a 1973 VW Super Beetle that my Dad rebuilt for me!) so having a new Beetle to cruise around in was just right - especially here in the Pacific Northwest where you can have the top down in February (I have heated seats and it is almost 60 degrees).  But, no, not me, not my lovely Beetle.  The transmission is blown and needs to be replaced.  I do not have the money on a whim to replace it (the transmission alone will run upwards of $3000) so, I will be renting a car and watching my Beetle just sit for now.  I am also trying to transition back to Ohio for family reasons (I will miss the Pacific Northwest so much that I am speechless on the subject so please do not ask).  Not good timing.  And, all this with a raging head cold that refuses to let up!  Anywho, I do not see End of the Night being ready for Spring as I'd hoped so I sincerely apologize but life has thrown me a few too many extra balls to juggle right now and I have had to prioritize.  Someday writing will be higher in the list - I KNOW it.  I am hoping to get my short story done though, so hopefully that will tide some people over.

PS I am not complaining, life is good, always will be because I have the best kids in the world and some amazingly supportive family and friends!

1 comment:

  1. Man...I know what a blow transmission feels like! I've had that happen to me a decade or so ago. It wasn't $3,000, but $1,600 was enough for me to consider buying a new car. I've been driving the same car since!

    Good luck with the writing, I'm sure you'll find the time as does have Spring has 3 months to play with! ;)

    ReplyDelete