Thursday, April 20, 2017

Book Review: Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies by Lindsay Ribar

Meh.



Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies fell a little flat and I've advised my daughter to skip it. Here's why:

1. Main Character proves that a cool name is not enough to make you cool. Aspen is an impulsive, self-centered, angsty kid who has this miraculous turnaround in the last fifty pages or so. Not believable or relatable.

2. Plot is crucial to every story. 75 pages into this book and I had no reason to care about what was happening. Sheer will to finish for this review is all that kept me going.

The Verdict on Rocks Fall, Everyone Dies

The writing was okay, nothing remarkable and there are more extraneous, unnecessary scenes than I could count on both hands. This might have done better as a short story. I'm sure this book has an audience, we just aren't it.

No comments:

Post a Comment