Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Book Review: The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti

This made my "anticipated releases list" back in January and I finally got to read it.

I wish I hadn't.

This is a "teen" book that I intended to read with my daughter but she couldn't get through it and I wasn't about to make her. The main character, Hawthorne, is one of the most annoying characters we've encountered together and her first person narrative made us crazy.

Autumn bailed after chapter three. I made it through but it was painful. If you dig the angsty, ignorant teen stories then this book is right up your alley. I am not even including the links or setting this up as a regularly scheduled post.

And that's what I really think of The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett - a disappointingly inaccurate title.

Up next: Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham (Lorelai!), H2O by Virginia Bergin, Frostblood by Elly Blake, and Of Fire and Stars by Audrey Coulthurst (my kiddo finished this one already and loved it).

No comments:

Post a Comment