Sunday, February 12, 2017

Book Review: Talking as Fast as I Can by Lauren Graham

Though I've seen Ms. Graham in many other things, she will always be Lorelai Gilmore to me. As I read Talking as Fast as I Can, I couldn't help but picture Lorelai speeding around Stars Hollow and ultimately agree that the role could not have been more perfectly cast.



Full of anecdotes and witty humor, Talking is an easy read (I finished it in a few hours), and a much needed reprieve from some of the slush I've been wading through lately. I chuckled and appreciated Ms. Graham's ability to name-drop with ease because it just fit. It wasn't about telling her audience how many famous people she knows (because she is in fact famous as well), but it was about sharing experiences that have left marks on her both personally and professionally.

I'm not sure that younger readers will relate to all of the stories but anybody who has been around the block a few times, tried on a number of jobs (and significant others) that just didn't fit, and come out with a healthy "lesson learned" from more than one misstep is likely to enjoy Talking as Fast as I Can.

As usual, I'm including the link to the ebook version on Amazon. Again, you won't be charged anything extra if you click through and purchase these books, but I do make a small amount for every purchase made through the links on my site - just helps me keep the lights on and the reviews coming! So...if you are an ebook lover, here's the link....Talking as Fast as I Can: From Gilmore Girls to Gilmore Girls (and Everything in Between)

No comments:

Post a Comment