Wednesday, January 4, 2017

5 Most Anticipated Books of January 2017

Have I mentioned that I love to read? I read almost everything though I do have my preferences. One thing I swore I'd add to the blog this year is my "most anticipated releases" for each month. I mean, if I'm going to reach my magic number 125 this year then I've got to start reading, right?

I keep up on some of the new releases via Reading Books Like a Boss because the list is pretty comprehensive and that makes me happy.

I've pared down their list for January to these five titles - here's hoping they pan out!

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti 

The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett


January 3rd - So it's a teen/YA book. I read them with my daughter and scope out any trouble spots before she gets to them. This one looks interesting, maybe not Stalking Jack the Ripper interesting, but perhaps intriguing and thought-provoking.

Containment: A Thriller by Hank Parker 

Containment: A Thriller
January 10th - I do so love thrillers and those awesome apocalyptic type stories that leave me mentally planning for the possibility that one of these books could morph into reality.

Feversong by Karen Marie Moning

Feversong
January 17th - I love Mac. I love Barrons. I need to know what happens and I cannot wait for this release. Mock me if you will but it is one of my girly, I mean, guilty pleasures and I make no apologies for it!

Frostblood by Elly Blake


January 17th - I'm gonna give this one a go. YA/NA books tend to be easy, entertaining reads for me and this looks like it might encompass more fantasy elements that my daughter and I appreciate.

4321 by Paul Auster



January 31st - this one looks a little different, sort of like a Sliding Doors-type story and I love that type of tale.

Runner-ups that I will most likely be reading as well: Indelible by Adelia SaundersKill the Father by Sandrone Dazieri, and Caraval by Stephanie Garber

No comments:

Post a Comment