Thursday, January 19, 2017

National Hot Tea Month

I often joke about how everything has a "day" or a "week" or a "month." Still, I can't help but appreciate some of them, like National Hot Tea Month.


But, you say, Violet, you are a coffee drinker. You have mentioned MANY times that your life revolves around coffee.

This is true, I'm generally a coffee gal but there is something comforting about a cup of hot tea on a rainy afternoon while I'm curled up in my cozy chair with a good book.

Plus, my Mom is a big tea drinker so I feel like I'm tipping my hat to her with this homage to hot tea. *Hi Mom!*

This is me with my Mom, the tea drinker...
And then there's the Mad Hatter, Victorian and Steampunk societies, and, I even worked at a tea store for a while.

In fact, tea is tied so closely to so many important aspects of my life that I often wonder why I turned toward coffee. Meh, something to ponder later. Basically, I know just enough about tea to be dangerous. I can tell you the various types and how they differ as well as the benefits of each. I can tell you which ones have the highest caffeine content, how to mimic a coffee flavor, and how to make one hell of an immune system and energy boosting drink that tastes divine. But, I will still pass over that delicious cup of tea for a pot of coffee like ninety-nine percent of the time.

My Mom is partial to Red Rose for a good mug of black tea (and they do have those cool little trinkets in their big boxes) but she has discovered the Celestial Seasonings Tea Factory in Colorado and found a few amazing herbals that please her tastebuds so she's branching out. While I still prefer a good green tea (even some matcha if you know how to make it) or a jasmine oolong, I've learned to adapt to more affordable options like the ones below, via Amazon (Don't worry, they're not going to charge you extra if you click there through any of these links).

No comments:

Post a Comment